Several Premier League clubs have been sounded out over their interest in signing Real Madrid forward Eden Hazard in January, according to ESPN.
Chelsea and Newcastle United are among the clubs to have been alerted, however, it is unclear at this stage what level of interest there is in the Belgian, who has failed to impress at the Santiago Bernabéu since joining from Chelsea.
Hazard has started just 25 games in La Liga and has five goals from 52 appearances across all competitions after suffering from various injury problems over the last couple of seasons.
“The problem [for Hazard] is that right now the coach prefers differents players,” Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti told reporters earlier this week. On Friday, the Italian said he wouldn’t stand in the way of any squad member who asks to leave. “It’s clear that we have to take into account what each player is thinking. Never in my career as a coach have I forced a player to stay when they want to leave.If a player wants to leave, they should leave. In my own personal opinion, I don’t have any doubts about that.”