Forbes have revealed which players earn the most in world football. Former Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo is at No. 1 with expected total earnings of $260 million.
Ronaldo is projected to earn $200 million on the field, but his deal reportedly includes playing wages as well as financial incentives from commercial agreements facilitated by the club.
Lionel Messi’s agreement with MLS side Inter Miami reportedly includes a cut of revenue from league partners Adidas and Apple TV, and an option to buy a stake in Inter Miami when he retires. Combined with off-field earnings of $70 million, Messi sits at No. 2 with total earnings of $135 million.
FC Barcelona’s Robert Lewandowski rounds out the top 11, with projected earnings of $34 million.
Highest earning players
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Al Nassr) – $260 million
2. Lionel Messi (Inter Miami) – $135 million
3. Neymar (Al Hilal) – $112 million
4. Kylian Mbappé (PSG) – $110 million
5. Karim Benzema (Al Ittihad) – $106 million
6. Erling Haaland (Manchester City) – $58 million
7. Mo Salah (Liverpool) – $53 million
8. Sadio Mané (Al Nassr) – $52 million
9. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) – $39 million
10. Harry Kane (Bayern Munich) – $36 million
11. Robert Lewandowski (FC Barcelona) – $34 million
Kieran Quaile | GSFN