Atlético Madrid star Julián Alvarez is continuing to reject any and all interest from Premier League champions Arsenal. This comes with the Argentine having not yet given up hope of sealing a dream move to Barcelona.
Frontman Alvarez has of course returned to the forefront of the headlines in Spain over the course of the last 24 hours. After it appeared as though the door had been shut once and for all on his Atlético exit, word was forthcoming that the Metropolitano brass had in fact opened to negotiations over a transfer.
This change in stance, however, came with one major caveat: Talks will not be permitted with Barcelona.
Instead, those in a position of power at the Metropolitano, aware of Alvarez’s growing unhappiness, were tipped to entertain offers from the aforementioned Arsenal.
And as alluded to above, on Friday, an insight into the stance of the Argentine himself when it comes to a potential Emirates switch has followed. Those of a Gunners persuasion, however, need not get their hopes up…
As per a report from Barcelona insider Víctor Navarro:
‘Mikel Arteta has been calling Julián for a long time, and he has always told him NO, that he ONLY wants to go to Barça.’
Signficantly, it is also noted that:
‘Barça sounded things out again this week to see if anything could change before the market closes, and they were told the same thing: it’s a personal matter for Gil Marín, and he will NOT let him go to Barcelona.’
Conor Laird – GSFN






