Ahead of tonight’s Madrid derby between Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid, we take a look at five stats from the sides.
1. Antoine Griezmann has scored seven goals in 26 La Liga matches against Real Madrid. The Frenchman has scored the most goals against Los Blancos in the competition in the 21st century, according to AS.
2. Real Madrid have conceded three goals in five games played in La Liga 2023-24. All three have come within the first 15 minutes of the game, meaning they have conceded more goals than any other team in the competition this season in this period of the game.
3. Atlético are coming off the back of their fourth La Liga defeat in 2023 (17 wins 6 draws), losing 3-0 to Valencia at Mestalla, ending a run of seven straight games without defeat in the competition. They have not lost two or more consecutive matches in the competition since December 2021 (four defeats).
4. Real Madrid have scored 298 goals in 172 meetings with Atlético and can become only the second team in the history of the competition to score 300 goals in regional derbies after Barcelona against Espanyol (340 goals in 176 meetings).
5. Atlético have scored in each of their last 11 Madrid derbies in La Liga (24 goals in total) and, should they score tonight, will achieve the best scoring streak against Madrid opponents in their top-flight history (12 games).
Kieran Quaile | GSFN